Tea Talk at Harrison Library
We had an enthusiastic group this morning at the Harrison Library where we celebrated Hot Tea Month with an hour-long talk on Tea. We presented some background:
- What Tea is and what it isn't - Black, Green, Oolong, Yes, Chamomile No!
- How Tea is grown, plucked, manufactured and exported.
- The many varieties of Tea and how their tastes differ.
- Loose Leaf Tea vs. Teabags - the first is character & nuance, the latter only convenience.
- How to Choose a Tea - we gave each attendee a handy infographic to select their next tea.
- Tips to steep the Perfect Cup.
- Pointers on storing Tea - No light, No air, No moisture.
- Caffeine content in Tea compared to coffee.
Questions were plenty and varied:
- Why does the same tea cost more in one store compared to another?
- How can we be sure we're not drinking pesticides in tea? (Buy Organic).
- What is Matcha? Where can we get it?
- Do you lose the health benefits of tea if you drink decaf?
- What is in a specific Chai blend?