Dec 05, 2010 | Written by Anupa Mueller
I was interviewed last week on our Tea-of-the Month program as part of a story on gifts that go beyond the moment. Apparently, teas were still unusual among other better known categories such as Fruit-of-the Month and Wine. This time of year, we receive a large number of orders for these, mostly all gifts and an occasional self-gift. Here's how it works:
- For 3, 6 or 12 months, you can select from one of six Plans - Varietal, Essential, Tranquil, Fruitful, Natural and Masterful.
- Varietal = Black teas; Essential = Green, White & Oolong; Tranquil = Decaf and Herbal; Fruitful = fruit-flavored teas; Natural = Organic; Masterful = High End Teas.
- The first month, the tea selection is shipped out along with a teapot with infuser and a canister. Subsequent months provide a new tea selection for the length of the plan.
- A gift message can be enclosed with the first month's subscription.
- Custom plans are possible, sometimes at no charge.
- Orders received by December 17, 2010 will most likely be received by Christmas.
- An online special for 6-month plans is available right now. 3 month plans start at $46. The most expensive is the 12-month Masterful at $198.