NEW YEAR, FRESH START!
Hello 2019 and welcome to the month of new beginnings. Here’s a shot at starting again, fixing those areas that need adjusting, improving where we must and trying different ways to get to the goal post. We did some collective introspecting about life and Tea and here’s what we set down:
SOMETHING WE LEARNED ABOUT WORK IN THE LAST YEAR
- Observe, Don’t Judge: Important in a diverse work place or family where the impulse to overlay our opinion on every situation is ever-present.
- You Must Enjoy what you Do: Look forward to the day. Make this the year to finally do something about a situation that you find untenable & constantly stressful.
- Celebrate Wins: Be proud of what you do well and stop and extend Thanks to the people who do the work with you, often behind the scenes.
Plan Ahead: Break the pattern of last-minute rushing around, working solely on deadlines, only thriving when stressed.
BEST DISCOVERIES ABOUT RESOLUTIONS
- Think Big, Act Small: Without breaking down big goals into small steps, nothing gets done.
- Try Monday Resolutions this year: Forget the annual ritual of New Year's resolutions, try the optimistic, second-chance experience of Monday Resolutions. You get 52 chances to succeed.
- It only works if it's Your resolution: Pay no heed to what others say and pick something that's meaningful to you.
- Follow some version of the SMART policy: Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Relevant, Time-bound.
- Write it Down: No Plan, No Success. Be accountable - see the words.
- Just do it already: Enough talk. Enough thought. This year, Act.
TEAS WE RE-DISCOVERED
TURMERIC CITRUS ZEST: Every time I was near the bag or opening it to fill an order, the fragrance was out of this world. I kept telling myself I needed to try it. I made myself a cup about a month ago and really enjoyed it. It really is a cup full of Citrus Zest! A keeper when you need a pick-me-up.
LYCHEE OOLONG: I usually like my teas in their pure varietal form but I took home an extra sample that was packed and was carried away by the fresh, true flavor of the Lychee on a mild, fragrant Oolong. Had it all evening long with multiple infusions.
BEST ADVICE WE CAN GIVE A CUSTOMER
- Step out of your comfort zone and commit to trying a few new teas each year. You will thank yourself!
- Try, try, try...you will never know what you like unless you try them. Oh, and always follow the steeping guidelines!
- Even if you like only one kind, e.g., Breakfast Black Tea, sample others in that category. If you love Assam, try a Yunnan. If you like herbals, try a Rooibos or Fruit Tisane.
SOME OF OUR RESOLUTIONS FOR THE COMING YEAR
- Figure out innovative ways to grow the business.
- Create and complete a 2019 “Things I want to Do/See List”.
- Focus on my health this year and get into good physical shape.
- Increase activities that bring me joy.
- Work with a steady rhythm – focus on the Important rather than just the Urgent.
Do you have thoughts on New Year Resolutions? We would love to hear from you. And if you want to tell us about your 2019 ideas about Life and Tea, share them with us HERE.