More on Green Tea
May 23, 2013 | Written by Anupa Mueller
Interesting article on Green Tea in The New York Times today. As a vendor with well over 2 dozen selections of green tea, we get questions on Green Tea all the time - is it really as good for you as they say, which one should I have, why are they so bitter and on it goes. Here's our summary:
- Tea is like any other agricultural product - it reflects the soil and environment in which it was grown.
- Find one you like - there is a wide variety; China Green tastes different from Japan or Ceylon or India.
- Loose leaf Green tea will always provide more benefits than teabags or bottled tea.
- Follow the directions when steeping. The most frequent errors made are using too much leaf and steeping too long.
- Choose Organic if you can.
- Buy from a reputable vendor.