Chai-Spiced Tea Loaves
Moist & Tender Loaf Cakes baked with Chai Tea and glazed with sugar.
|Total Time: 1 Hour||Yield: 6 Mini Loaves, 4 Servings Each|
Adapted from delish.com.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease and flour six 5 ¾" by 3 ¼" by 2" mini metal loaf pans.
- In microwave-safe 1-cup liquid measuring cup, heat ½ cup water in microwave on High 1 ½ minutes or until it boils. Remove from microwave. Place tea bag in water; press with spoon to submerge. Set it aside to steep and cool while continuing with recipe.
- Meanwhile, in medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In small bowl, mix yogurt with ⅓ cup cooled tea; discard any remaining tea.
- In large bowl, with mixer on medium speed, beat butter until creamy, about 1 minute. Gradually beat in granulated and brown sugars. Beat 2 minutes or until fluffy, occasionally scraping bowl with rubber spatula. Reduce speed to low; beat in eggs, 1 at a time, until well blended. Beat in flour mixture alternately with yogurt mixture just until combined. Spoon batter evenly into prepared pans.
- Bake loaves 30 to 35 minutes or until toothpick inserted in centers comes out clean. Cool loaves in pans on wire racks 15 minutes. Run thin knife around loaves to loosen from sides of pans; remove loaves from pans, and cool completely on wire racks, about 2 hours.
- When loaves are cool, place waxed paper under wire racks. In small bowl, stir confectioners' sugar and remaining 1 tablespoon water until smooth, adding more water a few drops at a time (if necessary) to make a thick glaze. Place glaze in heavy-weight plastic bag; snip small opening from corner, and drizzle glaze in zigzag pattern over loaves. Let stand until glaze sets, about 30 minutes.
- Wrap each loaf in plastic wrap or foil. Store loaves at room temperature up to 3 days. Or place wrapped loaves in self-sealing plastic bags, and store in freezer up to 3 months.