Darjeeling Roasted Sweet Potatoes
Cubed Sweet Potatoes Sprinkled with Indian Black Tea Leaves, giving them a fruity, floral, slightly musky scent.
|Total Time: 1 Hour||Yield: 8 Servings|
Adapted from Culinary Tea: More Than 150 Recipes Steeped in Tradition from Around the World by Cynthia Gold.
- 3 lbs. Sweet Potatoes, peeled, cut into ½-inch dice
- 1 tbsp. Olive Oil
- ½ tsp. Grated Lime Zest
- ½ tsp. fine Sea Salt
- 1 ½ tsp. Loose-Leaf North Point Tea
- Lime Wedges
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with foil and spray with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, toss the sweet potatoes with the oil and stir to coat. Add the lime zest and salt.
- Crumble the tea with your fingers, crushing it as you sprinkle it over the potatoes. Stir well to distribute the tea and spices.
- Spread the potatoes in prepared pan in an even layer. Bake for 10 minutes, then stir.
- Bake for an additional 10 to 20 minutes, until the sweet potatoes are just slightly firm in the center. Serve warm or at room temperature. Pass lime wedges alongside.