Gingerbread Snack Cake with Earl Grey Glaze
Scrumptious Holiday Dessert Cake topped with Organic Earl Grey.
|Total Time: 1 Hour||Yield: 1 (8x8" or 9x9") cake, 12-16 Servings|
Adapted from An Edible Mosaic.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F; butter and flour an 8 by 8-inch or 9 by 9-inch cake pan.
- Sift together the flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda, ground ginger, cinnamon, cloves, and nutmeg in a medium bowl and set aside.
- Beat together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy, and then beat in the molasses, egg, fresh ginger, milk, and apple.
- Beat the dry ingredients into the wet half at a time, being careful not to over-mix.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake until a wooden pick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 35 to 40 minutes. Cool completely on a wire rack before glazing.
- Once the cake is cooled, make the glaze. To do so, whisk together the powdered sugar, tea, and vanilla. While whisking, gradually add enough milk so it reaches your desired consistency.
- Drizzle the glaze on top of the cake and let it set before cutting and serving.