Small Business Advice
09 Aug, 2009 | Written by Anupa Mueller
I've given a lot of business advice in the past week! I either know what I'm doing or I sound good! So for all you budding small business owners out there and for those suddenly finding yourself managing people or your own company or department, here is some of the best advice I can give (and they're all stolen from others):
- Work ON your business, not IN your business.
- Systematize the routine, humanize the exception.
- A successful business is a commercial, profitable enterprise that runs without you.
- Do something that is sales/revenue oriented everyday.
- Begin each day with your most difficult task/project.
- Distinguish between the urgent and important.
- In a crisis, calm down.
- The E-Myth Revisited by Michael E. Gerber
- Eat that Frog by Brian Tracy
- First Things First by Stephen R. Covey