Last month, one of our dedicated customers wrote me a note asking my advice on non-caffeinated teas. Turns out, she had been told to eliminate caffeine and she described herself as a "die-hard tea fanatic - strong blacks with lots of milk". Her preferred teas were Yunnan Gold, Assams and our recent Panda Blend. Having never strayed into the world of non-caffeinated teas, she needed suggestions. She knew a bit about herbals but not about Rooibos
. I love letters like this and could understand her predicament. Going from strong Yunnans and Assams to non-caffeinated can be a shock!
My suggestions were as follows:
A few days later, she ordered the Rooibos Afrikana along with some other teas and here's the note I received 2 days ago:
- ROOIBOS AFRIKANA (My #1 choice - strong, lovely, takes milk, hint of citrus/vanilla)
- JOHANNESBURG - Rooibos with Caramel and Chocolate
- SERENGETI - Green Rooibos, Honeybush, Pomegranate
- CRUSH ON YOU - Rooibos with Passionfruit & Grapefruit
- GRAND TISANE - Combination of Rooibos, Cinnamon, Plum, Hibiscus and Almonds
Just a note that I am LOVING the Rooibos Afrikana!! It's wonderful, wished I ordered a bigger bag. And I got the Earl Grey Rooibos too, love that as well. Thank you so much for your recommendations, my first try into the world of rooibos has been very successful.