With St. Patrick's Day right around the corner, thoughts of corned beef and cabbage, Guinness and Irish coffee abound. Not everyone is a coffee drinker, so here's a twist on a traditional Irish Beverage.
For this delicious drink, you will need:
8 oz. Hot Irish Breakfast Tea
1 Tbsp. Sugar
1 1/2 to 2 oz. Good Irish Whiskey
2 oz. Heavy Cream, VERY cold
Cocoa powder, if desired for garnish
It's easy to make:
1. Fill your cup with hot water to warm it up.
2. Whip the cold cream until thick, but not stiff - it should still be able to run off the back of a spoon. Add a few drops of the Irish Breakfast tea into the whipped cream and stir gently to combine. Set this aside.
3. Pour the hot water out of the cup and fill it 3/4 full with the Irish Breakfast Tea. Add sugar and stir until dissolved.
4. Add the whiskey into the tea and stir to combine.
5. Hold a spoon upside down over the tea, with the tip of the spoon touching the glass edge and the surface of the tea. Gently pour the cream over the back of the spoon, allowing it to gently pool on top of the tea, filling to the top of the mug. DO NOT STIR! You should have obtained a lovely layering that looks like a pint of Guinness!
6. Using a shamrock stencil, sprinkle cocoa powder over the cream to make a beautiful drawing.
Sit back, get comfy and enjoy!