- Sour flavors - lemon is in!
- Better-for-the-waistline food - chefs will be replacing butter and bacon...
- Small plates for one.
- Asian comfort food - specially the flavors of Korea, Thailand and Vietnam.
- Veggie power - much more than just sides.
- Sophisticated kids' menus - look for kid-friendly versions of adult options.
- Savory and fruit flavors - look for fruit to be used with savory items.
- American artisanal foods - not just from Europe.
- No diner left behind - gluten-free to vegan, all-inclusive menus.
- Popcorn - considered the "snack of 2013" - look for them to appear everywhere.
Top 10 Food Trends for 2013
Here's the list published by the Sterling-Rice Group's culinary council - this is a brand strategy firm: