Long, cold winter days can make anyone feel blue....Put a new twist on a Tequila Sunrise, using a tea-infused simple syrup instead of Grenadine. Here's what you will need:
4 oz. Orange Juice
2 oz. Tequila
1/2 oz. Tea-infused Simple Syrup (see instructions below)
Fruit for Garnish
Directions for the TeaQuila Sunrise:
1. Pour the tequila and orange juice into a highball glass filled with ice and stir.
2. Slowly pour the tea-infused simple syrup around the inside edge of the glass.
3. Garnish with fruit, such as cherries and an orange slice.
For the Tea-infused Simple Syrup, you will need:
2 tsp. South Pacific Fruit Tea (Tisane)
4 tsp. Sugar
2 cups Water
Directions for the tea-infused simple syrup:
1. Bring 2 cups of water to a boil. Add 3 teaspoons of South Pacific Tea and steep for 4 - 5 minutes.
2. In saucepan, add the sugar and the steeped South Pacific tea.
3. Heat until sugar dissolves and mixture thickens to a syrup consistency.
4. Set aside to cool before using it.
Now, sit back, relax and savor your Tea-quila Sunrise.